Skip to main content

“TOUGHER IN ALASKA”: Workin' for a livin'


I started work yesterday at Moore Huntley Productions. My position is a cross between a Production Assistant and an Assistant Editor, it’s weird.

Moore Huntley is producing a 13-episode documentary series called “Tougher in Alaska”, it will air on The History Channel in the spring (no date yet). And since I’m obviously not in Alaska I’ll be working in the Post-Production department at their offices in Sudbury, MA. My job(s) will include tape transcription, tape logging and occasionally sitting with producers to review footage and pull clips that they will use for their segments. And as a P.A. I’m sure I’ll be doing anything and everything else that needs doing!

Some of you might remember that I interned with Moore Huntley a while ago. I went off and did a couple of short film projects and had just wrapped the last one this past Saturday. Well doesn’t the phone ring on Monday, it’s the show producer at Moore Huntley asking if I would be interested in coming back full time. The timing could not have been better!

Check your local listings this spring for “Tougher in Alaska” on The History Channel.
And check the credits for my name, you can say: “Hey, I know that guy!”

Check it out:
Moore Huntley Productions
The History Channel

Comments

  1. AWESOME!!!! I'm proud of you!!! A paying gig! Being around the people in post (among others) will give you more great exposure as well as building that all important repore you've already started. THUNDER-ALLEN IS GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allen,

    My name is Brady Holden and I have been keeping on track with the Moore Huntley website to see of future job openings. I am a film major in Milwaukee and I graduate in December. My plans afterwards are to move to Boston.

    I was just searching online to see if there were any shared experiences working with the company and I just read yours and it sounds great. I would love to be apart of the projects they are working on.

    What would you suggest I do first other then send a resume and DVD of some of my work?

    I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks,

    Brady Holden
    www.spottybofo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment