Skip to main content

"FRINGE": J.J. ABRAMS on FOX


Yes J.J., I accept the cup and drink the fanboy Kool-Aid. Never got into "Felicity" but I jumped feet first into "Alias". Couldn't back "What About Brian", but "LOST"? Oh, yeah, that show is just ridiculous! "Cloverfield"? You need only read my review (click here). "MI3", yup I thought it was great and made me think they should have come to you to re-launch the TV franchise. And a little thing called "Star Trek"? C'mon, you cast Simon Pegg as Scotty and in a stroke of genius you nabbed Zachary Quinto for the role of Spock. Talk about separated at birth, that guy was born for the part.
And now as you continue your dominance of broadcast television you bring us "Fringe", a return to the spooky, scary, sci-fi meets CSI world of shows like "The X-files" and "Kolchak: The Night Stalker".

Having read interviews with Abrams and his producing/writing partners Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman I'm very excited to have yet another show to clog the DVR this fall. Also comforting is the positive buzz surrounding the show, and advance praise from those that have seen the pilot episode.

So far Abram's sci-fi actioners have been hits for ABC (LOST & Alias), but what about FOX? They have a pretty crappy track record when it comes to shows that fans and critics love but don't perform to their expectations right out of the gate or continue to meet their un-realistic expectations. Remember "Firefly", "Wonderfalls" or "Arrested Development"?

So while I am loath to fully embrace the latest and greatest from Abrams just to have the rug yanked from under me half way through the season, I will say pass the pitcher please.

FRINGE: Official
FRINGE: Fan Site
FRINGE: Reviews

Comments

  1. No. I watched the pilot and I wasn't sold. I don't buy it. I'll give it another chance next episode, but I'm not giving it more than that.

    Lost? Yes. X-Files? Yes. Lost guy tries to rehash X-Files? No.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment