Skip to main content

Adding "Planet of the Apes" (1968) to my Blu-ray wish list

I saw this article in the latest issue of Post magazine...

IVC Uses DaVinci Systems to Restore “Planet of the Apes”
By Sean McKee, Director of Restoration, IVC.

We recently finished restoring “Planet of the Apes” for 20th Century Fox, the classic 1968 sci-fi adventure film starring Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowall. The film, which won several awards and was nominated for two Academy Awards, tells the story of a futuristic world where apes view themselves as the dominant species and enslave the humans. The film was so popular that it spawned a television series and several remakes.

You can read the entire article at Blackmagic-design.com.

Needless to say I am VERY excited to add this Sci-fi classic to my Blu-ray wish list. A good friend of mine and I made our own ape costumes for Halloween one year (I was a gorilla, he was chimp). I do own the massive "Planet of the Apes" - The Ultimate DVD Collection (see image below) and I'm sort of interested in the new prequel being filmed: "Rise of the Apes". But the original, restored AND in HD? Yeah it's being added to our small, but growing Blu-ray collection.


And for an added treat, here's a trailer for the original...


And the opening titles for the animated series...

Comments