Skip to main content

Super Bowl Trailers: Hits & Misses


As one of 100 million people watching the Super Bowl, I was also watching the commercials and the new movie trailers that debuted last night. There was a lot to see, some great, some okay, and some studios should have saved their money.

Here is my non-scientific, purely fanboy opinion of what were the hits and the misses...

HITS! :)
"Super 8"
"Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon"
"Captain America: The First Avenger"
"Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides"
"Rango"
"Battle: Los Angeles"
"The Adjustment Bureau"

MISSES! :(
"Rio"
"Fast and Furious 5"
"Cowboys and Aliens" - WAIT, what? I know, I know, let me explain. I was not as impressed by this spot as I was by the teaser trailer they released. I felt this one did not do enough to explain the story, it was kind of just quick action bits and gratuitous naked Oliva Wilde shot.
"Thor" - Ha, ha! Again this one does not have the good story elements the last one does. It was too jumbled, lots of fast cuts, loud action but no point.
"Limitless"
"Take Me Home Tonight"
"Just Go With It"
"Justin Bieber never Say Never"
"Drive Angry"

And filed under 'Cop Out' (I can't like it or loath it, it just is...) are these:
"Priest"
"The Eagle"
"Kung Fu Panda 2"

Agree? Disagree? Did I miss something?

See these trailers and more at trailers.apple.com

Comments