Skip to main content

VERONICA MARS: The Movie?


Michael Ausiello - over at Entertainment Weekly – reported yesterday that “Veronica Mars” creator Rob Thomas & star Kristen Bell are discussing bringing Veronica to the big screen.
So that’s what all the giggling and little-girl squealing was all about yesterday. Every fan boy & girl must have let out a simultaneous whoop of delight when they read the news.

I’m a fan too and I think a movie would be great. But what I think would be greater is a series of television movies or direct to DVD releases, it’s working great for “Futurama”.

Is this going to happen real soon? Nah. Thomas is currently working on two new series and Bell is at work on “Heroes” and a blossoming film career.
Will it happen? Oh I’m sure. If the creator and star are on board, then a studio is soon to follow. Why I am I so sure? Just a little ol’ show called “Firefly” that’s why.

From my previous VM blog entry:
Starring Kristin Bell (Heroes) as the title character, this show is a lively mix of Nancy Drew mystery solving, Buffy girl power (Veronica even has her own Scooby Gang) and a dash of West Side Story. The writing is sharp and witty, plenty of pop culture references, banter and burns. It is a very neo-noir storytelling style. (And I dig the noir.)

The Ausiello Files @ EW.com
Neptune Rising VM Fansite
Veronica Mars Official Website

Comments