Skip to main content

DEATH(s) IN THE FAMILY


I was more than shocked, and definitely saddened this week to learn of the passing of two favorites; Stanley Kamel & Dave Stevens.

Stanley Kamel played Dr. Kroger on the USA series "Monk". Dave Stevens was the creator of "The Rocketeer". What was most shocking about their deaths was that they were pretty young guys, Kamel in his 60's and Stevens in his 50's. Saddened of course by the passing of two fellows, who I did not know personally but, whose work I really enjoyed.

"Monk" is one of the few hour-long shows that my wife and I watch together, and Dr. Kroger is a great character, played as a the straight man to Monks comic quirkiness. And of course "The Rocketeer" (see previous post) is an awesome movie and the comics are equally, some would say more, enjoyable.

Here are a few links to Mr. Kamel & Mr. Stevens:
Stanley Kamel
Dave Stevens
Stanley Kamel, IMDB
davestevens.com

Comments