Skip to main content

The Nautilus surfaces at EPCOT

Okay, so I read a rumor online that one of the 20k ride Nautilus subs was "dry docked" behind The Land pavilion in Epcot. I chuckled and thought that was just silly, wouldn't it be behind The Living Seas? At least that makes sense.

But I was curious and had to know for myself, not being a Cast Member or a Florida resident I needed either a WDW insider or a satellite photo. I chose satellite photo, surfed over to Google Maps, typed in the address and here is what I discovered...






Now, do my eyes deceive me or is that indeed the shape of one of our beloved ride vehicles?


You can compare the outline of the image in the photo to these blueprints...


I do not know how long ago this image was shot, could be a year or more old at this point. So, number one: Is it still there? Number two: Why is it there? And number three: How am I going to get back there to take photos of it for myself?! Anybody up for a road trip?

Comments